Dirección del CHAT

El Blog no se hace responsable por las opiniones emitidas en este espacio. Los comentarios aquí publicados son responsabilidad de quién los escribe.

jueves, 10 de septiembre de 2009

NIMASA sends 27 to India Maritime Academy for capacity building

Source: Vanguard

The Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency, (NIMASA) has sent 27 youths to the Academy of Maritime Education and Training, AMET, India for a three-year training in Seafaring

The youths represent the first batch of beneficiaries of the Nigerian Seafarers Development Programme, (NSDP), a pet project of the Federal Ministry of Transport, to develop the Nigerian seafaring potentials.

The 27 beneficiaries are drawn from Ondo and Beneu states, two states that have responded to the call for joint sponsorship of young Nigerians to seek career at sea as seafarers.
The Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency, NIMASA, had carried out a rigorous campaign across the six geo-political zones of the country last year to enlighten the various state governments on the benefits accruable to the country via the project.

The NSDP was designed in line with President Umaru Musa Yar Adua’s 7-point Agenda of wealth creation and human capacity development. The programme offers career opportunities to beneficiaries in Engineering, Naval Architecture, Ship Building, Marine Surveyors and Deck Officers.

Beneficiaries are to enjoy a multi-funding structure as NIMASA will be responsible for 40% of the funding, while the various state governments are responsible for the remaining 60%.

Academy of Maritime Education and Training (AMET) is the first university in maritime education in India and it is totally dedicated to knowledge transfer in the shipping industry. At the moment, AMET is certified to ISO 9001 & 2000 Quality Management Standards by Delt Norske Veritas till 2010 for Design, Development and Conducting Maritime Courses, Programmes, Examinations and Assessment.
The 27 students from Nigeria will undergo Bachelor in Science and Bachelor in Engineering courses in Marine Engineering, Nautical Sciences, Nautical Architecture and Offshore Engineering amongst others.

No hay comentarios.: